[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.12.2″]
Smoke Detectors Save Lives!
A smoke detector is often disregard, but very essential of keeping your home safe. Many fire deaths happen in the home when people are asleep, especially at night or early in the morning. Breathing in the smoke and toxic gases from the fire is usually the cause of death, not because of being burned. Fire can spread quickly in less than 3 minutes, the heat from a small fire can cause everything in the room to burst into flames (called a flash over). To overcome this, death or serious injury due to fire is less in homes where smoke detectors were installed and maintained.
What Is a Smoke Detector?
A smoke detector is a device that senses smoke and produce a loud alarm together in a unit. Properly installed, tested, and maintained smoke detectors give you an early warning of fire, which increases your chances of getting out.
Where Should Smoke Detector Be Located?
2 Important Things to remember where to put smoke detectors :
- Most fires start in the kitchen.
- Smoke detectors are to warn people while sleeping in bedrooms during fire.
Install at least 1 Smoke Detector on every level of your home, including the basement.
How To Make Sure The Smoke Detector Is Still Functioning?
Smoke detectors must be kept in a clean condition to work, as dust & grime may affect how they work.
- Replace the batteries at least once a year
- Replace a smoke detector every 10 years, sooner if it isn’t working.
- Regularly dust or vacuum the smoke detector.
- Keep the unit free of paint, stickers, or other decorations that may prevent it from working properly.
Regular testing & maintenance is important to make sure the smoke detector is working.
- Press the test button at least once a month to make sure that the smoke detector is functioning properly.
- You can do a smoke test by blowing out a candle & letting its smoke to drift towards the smoke detector.
- Tenants are responsible for testing & maintaining smoke detector in their units — this includes changing the batteries. Tell your landlord right away if your smoke detector isn’t working.
What Should I Do If The Smoke Detector Is Not Functioning?
Every household should have a fire escape plan !
- Have a home escape plan & make sure that everyone knows what to do.
- Practice the pre-planned fire drill at least twice a year.
- Identify 2 ways to get out of every room.
- Decide on a meeting place outside the home.
GET YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR NOW. WE ARE HAVING SALE UP TO 40% DISCOUNT !!
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_social_media_follow _builder_version=”3.0.69″ link_shape=”rounded_rectangle” url_new_window=”off” follow_button=”off” background_layout=”light” border_radii=”on|3px|3px|3px|3px”][et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”facebook” skype_action=”call” bg_color=”#3b5998″] Facebook [/et_pb_social_media_follow_network][et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”twitter” skype_action=”call” url=”www.twitter.com/AitoFirework” bg_color=”#00aced”] Twitter [/et_pb_social_media_follow_network][et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”instagram” skype_action=”call” url=”www.instagram.com/aitofirework” bg_color=”#517fa4″] Instagram [/et_pb_social_media_follow_network][et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”youtube” skype_action=”call” url=”https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcLy3O1WiQ6Js3alL-g5DYQ?view_as=subscriber” bg_color=”#a82400″] Youtube [/et_pb_social_media_follow_network][/et_pb_social_media_follow][et_pb_button _builder_version=”3.0.69″ button_text=”Get your own smoke detector now!” button_url=”http://aito.hb3nygs88s-dv13xwpxq4gq.p.runcloud.link/product/smoke-detector/” url_new_window=”on” button_alignment=”left” background_layout=”light” custom_button=”off” button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_icon_placement=”right” button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ /][et_pb_comments _builder_version=”3.0.69″ show_avatar=”on” show_reply=”on” show_count=”on” background_layout=”light” border_style=”solid” custom_button=”off” button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_icon_placement=”right” button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ border_radii=”on||||” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]