Car fires do not happen frequently, but when it happens, it can lead to a deadly emergency. Some car fires usually occur in collisions caused by problems with the car’s system itself. You should know how to protect your vehicle from fire as your car fire safety tips.
You can use these car fire safety step to prevent fire from your car
- Drive safely to avoid an accident.
- Have your vehicle serviced regularly by a professionally trained mechanic. A well-maintained vehicle is less likely to have a fire.
- Have aftermarket products, such as stereos, speakers, or DVD players, installed by professionals.
- Keep your vehicle free from trash and other flammable materials.
- Avoid carrying containers of petrol in your vehicle.
- Keep a handy fire extinguisher in your vehicle and make sure it is serviceable.
- Signal your intentions and move to the left lane.
- Get onto the shoulder or emergency lane.
- Stop the vehicle and switch off the engine.
- Get everyone out of the vehicle. Never return to a burning vehicle for anything.
- Stay far away from the burning vehicle.
- Dial 999 and call the fire department.
- Warn oncoming traffic, if safe to do so.
Read more on this article if you want to avoid a vehicle fire.
Get your own portable fire extinguisher online. We will post your item in 3-4 working days to Peninsular Malaysia.
For any inquiries and further assistance, you may chat with us through WhatsApp or email at [email protected]