Fire Extinguisher Inspection : Inspection and Service On Fire Extinguisher
Do you know that fire extinguishers need to be serviced annually and monthly inspection is needed? A proper fire extinguisher inspection and service will assure the device to be functional when in need.
Facts about Fire Extinguisher
- There are different extinguishers following by different types of fire.
- Proper extinguishers must be used according to the work environment.
- Proper training in operating a fire extinguisher is needed.
- Damaged and punctured fire extinguisher cannot be used in the event of a fire. The content is under pressure and a damaged or oxidized cylinder can explode in the worst circumstances.
No 1 Fire Extinguisher Service
How to do Fire Extinguisher Inspection
- First thing first, check your fire extinguisher for any visible sign of damage or defect. Analyze the douser for evidence of physical harm, erosion or spillage.
- Check whether the pressure gauge is in the operable position.
- Check the locking pin and make sure it is unbroken and the tamper seal is still intact.
- Next, lift the extinguisher to make sure it is still full.
- Is the nozzle free from any blockages?
- Make sure the operating instructions on the nameplate are readable and facing outward.
- Check the last professional service date on the tag.
- The fire extinguisher must be put in a visible place where people can easily notice it. Having a designated location will be the best for the fire extinguisher.
Fire Extinguisher Service
Professional service from certified fire contractors is needed to have a thoroughgoing inspection in order for the fire extinguisher to work properly in the event of a fire. Bomba also requires a fire extinguisher certificate to be renewed every year, alongside the servicing.
With the help of the professionals, they will be able to inspect the mechanical parts of your fire extinguishers and make sure everything is in good service.
Remember, bad things can happen without any alarms. It is best for us to take precautions now.
Here at AITO Firework, we provide such service to make sure you are well educated on fire extinguishers inspections and service. Please do not hesitate to call us for more details. We provide inspection service, consultation and more regarding fire safety. Call us at 010-241 2534 or email at [email protected]