Stay Protected With Fire Safety and Protection Tips At Home
Your home is where you live with your loved ones and personal belongings. If happen a fire burning in your home, protect your home with these important home fire safety and protection tips at home :
- Make sure all family members know fire safety and protection tips at home in the event of a fire. Draw a floor plan with at least two ways of escaping every room. Make a drawing for each floor. Dimensions do not need to be correct. Make sure the plan shows important details: stairs, hallways and windows that can be used as fire escape routes.
- Install smoke detectors on every level of your home. Test them regularly to make sure they are functioning. Change the batteries every once a year.
- Install fire extinguishers on every level of your home and in each bedroom.
- Avoid smoking in your bedroom. Beds and blankets are made of combustible materials.
- Keep an eye on your cooking. Unattended cooking equipment is a leading cause of home fires.
- Candles were being used as a light source when power is shut off or temporarily out of service but it can lead to home fire burning
- Test windows and doors — do they open easy enough? Are they wide enough. Or tall enough?
- Choose a safe meeting place outside the house. It is one of the essential general fire safety and protection tips
- Practice alerting other members. It is a good idea to keep a bell and flashlight in each bedroom
- If there is a fire in your home, get out and stay out. Never go back inside for people, pets or things.
- Make a fire escape plan as your fire safety and protection tips at home. Draw a map of each level of your home showing all doors and windows. Discuss the map with everyone who lives with you.
Get your own portable fire extinguisher online. We will post your item in 3-4 working days to Peninsular Malaysia.