The Viking Model J-1 Alarm Check Valve serves as a check valve by trapping pressurized water above the clapper and preventing reverse flow from sprinkler piping.
The valve is designed to initiate an alarm during a sustained flow of water (such as the flow required by an open sprinkler) by operating an optional water motor alarm and/or alarm pressure switch. The valve is made suitable for use on variable pressure water supplies by adding the optional retard chamber to the standard trim.
• Ductile iron body for less weight and extra strength.
• rubber-faced clapper hinged to access cover for quick removal and easy servicing.
• All moving parts can be serviced without removing the valve from the installed position.
• With the cover/clapper assembly removed, clapper rubber replacement requires removal of only one screw.
• External by-pass trim to minimize clapper movement and false alarm.
• Trim allows the installation of the optional non-interruptible pressure switch to activate an electric alarm panel and/or remote alarm.
• Can be installed on constant or variable pressure water supplies.
• Can be installed vertically or horizontally, with the access cover facing up.
• Valve housing tapped for inlet and outlet pressure gauges, alarm devices, and system main drain.
• Trim includes alarm test valve for testing alarms without reducing system pressure.
LISTINGS AND APPROVALS
cULus Listed: Guide VPLX – 300 psi (20.7 bar) MWP
FM Approved: Waterflow Alarm Valves – 300 psi (20.7 bar) MWP
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS): Certificate No. 03-HS405911A/1-PDA
NYC Department of Buildings: MEA 89-92-E Vol. XI – 250 psi (17.2 bar) MWP
LPCB: 300 psi (20.7 bar) MWP
VdS: DN80 – G 4960086, DN100 – G 4960087, DN150 – G 4960088, DN200 – G 4960089 – 250 psi (17.2 bar) MWP
CE Certified: Standard EN-12259-2, EC-certificate of conformity 0832-CPD-2010 – 250 psi (17.2 bar) MWP
There are no reviews yet.